Thursday 19 February 2009

And so it begins...........

This time last year I'd been doing some swimming, running and cycling just for my own interest and having a vague idea about tieing it all together. One year on and I've joined a great club, got through a few triathlons, and am looking forward to a full season of differnet events. Its now the run up to my first event of the year, the Taunton Deane Aquathon at Wellington. I think I may have been feeling a bit odd as I entered the longer version, which is 1000m swim followed by a 10kish run. I'm looking forward to the swim.......and to getting through the run.

Over the winter I've been trying to improve my running by attending a club/group session on a Sunday morning after swimming. I think this has helped ( thanks to Coach Tim and the encouragement of others) as having distinct goals, running with others and a structured programme has given me a clearer focus on what I need to do and how to do it. My times have improved a bit so I guess Sunday is a good place to see if I can pull it togther on race day!

Update when I've recovered then.............. :)

1 comment:

Iain said...

It's only 40 lengths girl. At least the distance is accurate, unlike the run whick is nearer 11k and with plenty of hills.

See you in the morning :-)